logging module question

s99999999s2003

hi
i have defined a function
def logger(logfile,msg):
import logging

logging.basicConfig(level=logging.DEBUG,
format='%(asctime)s %(levelname)-8s
%(message)s',
datefmt='%a, %d %b %Y %H:%M:%S',
filename='%s' % (logfile),
filemode='a')
logging.critical(msg)
logging.error(msg)
logging.warning(msg)
logging.info(msg)
logging.shutdown()

In my main code:

----- some python code here---
logger("test.log","error")
logger("test.log","another error")
logger("test.log","yet another error")
sys.exit(0)

When i do the above, i get :
self.stream.write(fs % msg)
ValueError: I/O operation on closed file

If i removed logging.shutdown(), it workds..what is wrong with my
function ?
thanks

?

=?iso-8859-1?q?Martin_J=FCrgens?=

Am Thu, 29 Jun 2006 20:22:28 -0700 schrieb s99999999s2003:
hi
i have defined a function
def logger(logfile,msg):
import logging

logging.basicConfig(level=logging.DEBUG,
format='%(asctime)s %(levelname)-8s
%(message)s',
datefmt='%a, %d %b %Y %H:%M:%S',
filename='%s' % (logfile),
filemode='a')
logging.critical(msg)
logging.error(msg)
logging.warning(msg)
logging.info(msg)

Why log the same message with different severity ?
logging.shutdown()

In my main code:

----- some python code here---
logger("test.log","error")
logger("test.log","another error")
logger("test.log","yet another error")
sys.exit(0)

When i do the above, i get :
self.stream.write(fs % msg)
ValueError: I/O operation on closed file

If i removed logging.shutdown(), it workds..what is wrong with my
function ?
thanks

Why exactly do you call logging.shutdown() when you use the logging system
again with further calls to logger().

As far as I see it logging.shutdown() should only be called when you're
done with logging alltogether. However in your case you probably don't
need to call it at all since it's invoked automatically when yout program
exits.

Regards,

Martin