logging package

Discussion in 'Python' started by Neil Benn, May 12, 2004.

  1. Neil Benn

    Neil Benn Guest

    Hello,

    I can;t find this information in the docs so I'm hoping
    someone here may know.

    Is the logging package thread-safe?

    As a confirmation of what I mean by 'thread-safe', this means that
    if I have two threads running, both of which call (for example)
    objLogger.debug - does the logging package synchronize around the event
    notification (as in practice the root logger is a singleton)?

    Thanks, in advance for your help.

    Cheers,

    Neil

    --