Login Application

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by NG, Sep 20, 2005.

  1. NG

    NG Guest

    Hi All

    I am making a suite of independent web applications on a single IIS server /
    multiple IIS servers. However, I want the user to login (using an
    independent login web application on any one of the IIS servers). After the
    user logs in, I want that his login session to be retained even if he
    switches between different web applications on this or different IIS Server.
    Each user will have different access levels for different applications.

    How can I make the above possible. Can anyone please direct me to
    approproate links from where I can get detailed information on how to
    persist a session between different applications OR some other feasible
    solution to the above problem.

    Thanks in advance,

    Regards,

    Nitesh

    NG, Sep 20, 2005

  2. Maybe you should consider .NET Passport and Single-SignOn. This will do
    what you want and it's ready. You can use either your own security
    infrastructure (user management + password) or ActiveDirectory.

    Search for "Single Sign-On"

    msdn article :
    ms-help://MS.MSDNQTR.2005APR.1033/passport25/NET_Passport_VBScript_Documentation/Single_Sign_In/Single_Sign_In.htm

    Tasos Vogiatzoglou, Sep 20, 2005

  3. NG

    NG Guest

    Thanks Tasos.

    This information is very good to get me started.

    Regards,
    Nitesh

    NG, Sep 22, 2005