Login Application

NG

Hi All

I am making a suite of independent web applications on a single IIS server /
multiple IIS servers. However, I want the user to login (using an
independent login web application on any one of the IIS servers). After the
user logs in, I want that his login session to be retained even if he
switches between different web applications on this or different IIS Server.
Each user will have different access levels for different applications.

How can I make the above possible. Can anyone please direct me to
approproate links from where I can get detailed information on how to
persist a session between different applications OR some other feasible
solution to the above problem.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Nitesh

Tasos Vogiatzoglou

Maybe you should consider .NET Passport and Single-SignOn. This will do
what you want and it's ready. You can use either your own security
infrastructure (user management + password) or ActiveDirectory.

Search for "Single Sign-On"

msdn article :
ms-help://MS.MSDNQTR.2005APR.1033/passport25/NET_Passport_VBScript_Documentation/Single_Sign_In/Single_Sign_In.htm