Login.aspx

Ahmed Hashish

I have an asp.net (2005) application using forms authentication.

It has a simple login page (login.aspx) that uses
FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage

the problem is that the redirect url always points to the default.aspx
although I don't have default.aspx in my web application.

I changed the defaultUrl attribute in the web.config to points to other page
and disabled the setting 'Enable Default Page' in the IIS with no success

Pls. help

Guest

In your VS project, set the asxp page (that you want the login page to
redirect to) to startup page (right click on the page and choose "set as
startup page" or something like that).
In your IIS, right click on the web site in question and choose properties.
Click on the Documents tab, and remove all the default web page list there,
then add your own default page name in.
This should fix your problem.
Hope this helps.
VHD50.