Login Attemp Not successful in ASP .NET 2.0 application

OD

I have an ASP .NET 2.0 application that has been developed using Visual Studio 2005. This application is basically a an application that provides various reporting using crystal reports. When I run the application in visual studio 2005, it runs perfectly and I can log in as any of the users that has been created in the ASPNET database. However when I deployed to the IIS on the Windows XP for user testing, I get the login page (so do all users) and then when we type in a username and password we get the error that says , "Your login attempt was not successful. Please try again" . Why will it work from Visual Studio (file system) and not work on the Web server.

PS: This application was developed using reduced code.

Any idea will be greatly appreciated. THANKS!
OD

Gerry Hickman

Hi,

You might be confusing "forms based authentication" with "windows
integrated authentication". You have to decide which one you are trying
to use.

OD

I am using form based authentication. I configured that in the web.config
file. The connection string is set to connect to localhost.