    process it as a login. Is there no easier way to do this
    than to send the user on a redirection route through a
    secure page first?

    javawzl, Nov 14, 2003

  2. Check couple of things, you may be doing these already!!!

    1. Check the cookie domain.

    If both Login.aspx and Default.aspx live in same cookie domain, cookie will
    flow between these pages automatically.

    2. Check cookie security bit.

    Your browser will not send the cookie to server while requesting
    Default.aspx page on regular HTTP channel, if the cookie security bit is
    turned on.

    Ram Sunkara [msft], Nov 17, 2003