Login button from any page

javawzl

I have a Login link on my non-secure home page which links
to Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/Default.aspx (which is also in a
non-secure directory). Once I authenticate and set the
authentication cookie in Login.aspx I return to
Default.aspx .. but Default.aspx does not pick up that I
am logged in.

My understanding of why this isn't working .. once the
authentication cookie is set the page must redirect to a
*secure* page so that IIS/ISAPI can read the cookie and
process it as a login. Is there no easier way to do this
than to send the user on a redirection route through a
secure page first?

Ram Sunkara [msft]

Check couple of things, you may be doing these already!!!

1. Check the cookie domain.

If both Login.aspx and Default.aspx live in same cookie domain, cookie will
flow between these pages automatically.

2. Check cookie security bit.

Your browser will not send the cookie to server while requesting
Default.aspx page on regular HTTP channel, if the cookie security bit is
turned on.