login control and custom db

ken s

I'm creating an ASP.NET 2.0 web application. I want to use the login
control to validate users using my existing SQL 2005 database (stores
username, password, and role)

The documentation seems to want me to create this new aspnet db and use
roles and memberships.

Can I simply use my own database along with the login control?

Dominick Baier

you can simply handle the Authenticate event and set e.Authenticated to your
authentication outcome.