Login control missing some properties in the properties pane

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Adam M, Jan 23, 2008.

  1. Adam M

    Adam M Guest

    Hi all,

    I am using VS2008 and when click on the Login control and look at its
    properties pane, I am missing some of the properties in the GUI. I saw an
    MSDN video about using this control and the demo shows alot more properties
    in the IDE than I am seeing when I perform the exact same steps.

    For example, I am missing the whole Links section in the Login control
    properties, including:
    CreateUserIconUrl
    CreateUserText
    CreateUserUrl
    HelpPageIconUrl
    HelpPageText
    HelpPageUrl
    PasswordRecoveryIconUrl
    PasswordRecoveryText
    PasswordRecoveryUrl

    Any ideas what might be causing these to not show in my IDE?

    Thanks!
    Adam

    Adam M, Jan 23, 2008

  2. Adam M

    Adam M Guest

    I learned what I did to cause the problem. After adding the Login control to
    my page, I chose the "Convert to Template" option, which significantly
    reduced the number of properties that are exposed to me in the UI.

    Adam M, Jan 23, 2008