Login Control Redirecting to Default.aspx

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by ThePurpleCat, Sep 27, 2006.

  1. ThePurpleCat

    ThePurpleCat Guest

    Hi,

    I've created a login page for my website that consists of only a Login
    Control. The page inherits a master page that has a loginname and
    loginstatus control.

    In web.config I have the following section
    <authentication mode="Forms">
    <forms name="JTFORMAUTH" loginUrl="~/Logon.aspx"
    cookieless="AutoDetect" />
    </authentication>

    This works fine on the first login, but if I click on "logout" in the
    loginstatus control to redirect myself to the logon screen and logon
    I'm redirected to ~default.aspx, and because my website does not have a
    default.aspx page a "resource not found" error is generated.

    What am I missing?

    I'm a ASP.NET newbie so please be kind.

    Thanks!

    ThePurpleCat, Sep 27, 2006