Login control: remember me next time

Guest

what exactly does this do? does it control whether cookies are persisted
between sessions? I aske because the duration a cookie is stored seems to be
set in web.config:

<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms timeout="10368000"/>
</authentication>

Does this value get used? Is the used value toggled between this and another
based on the value of the checkbox? If so, where is the other value set?

-Ben

rjl

this value is if a use doesnt click on a web page in that amount of
time the session will end and they will need to login again.

rjl

another thing Ben, this is a session cookie and not stored on the
user's pc, unless told to when the cookie is created.

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi Ben,

Thank you for posting!

Yes, the checkbox "remember me next time" on login control is to control
whether cookies are persisted.

In 2.0 the timeout for both persistent and session based cookies is
controlled by the timeout attribute on the <forms /> element.

Regards,

Walter Wang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Walter Wang [MSFT]

I just noticed that there is a confirmed bug related to this issue:

http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/productfeedback/viewfeedback.aspx?feedbackid=b
8145153-843b-42ff-8099-e3e8a8df5405

Sorry for the inconvenience.