Login control - remember me

baerland

Hi

I'm having a hard time getting the "remember me" functionallity to work
with the new Login control in ASP.NET 2.0.

The Authenticate event works fine and I get logged in, but if I restart
the browser, I'm presented with the login page again.

I thought I only needed to set the DisplayRemeberMe=true and the
control would create the cookies and everything.

I'm I missing something?

Any help would be appreciated

-Erlend

paulmac106

Hi Erland,

Just wondering if you had any luck with this. I'm having the same
problem. Are you using a custom Membership Provider? I am, not sure if
that's where the problem lies.

thanks,
Paul

baerland

Hi

I'm not using a Membership provider.
I'm simply comparing the username and password values with those stored
in my sql db.
And then setting e.Authenticated = true the the Authenticate event, if
the users is found.

Is it necessary to use a membership provider for the cookie to be
stored?

-Erlend