Login Controls and aspnet_regsql

Guest

I have been running and testing stuff ok on my dev machine, but have been
forced to consolidate my databases at my hosting company - i created a db
there, and i ran the aspnet_regsql wizard. I filled that out, and sure enough
i created the tables etc on my remote database.

What i dont know and cant seem to understand or figure is how or where i
tell the system what db these tables are on; i have googled around a little
and cant find the answer - i am sure i need to do something simple.

When i run a createuser wizard and hit the button the system throws up an
error (i cant see the error, it drops me to a standard error page); i presume
the reason is that .net doesnt know the location of the login info.

Please help.

Hayden Kirk

Hey

This took me awhile to find as well... add this to your config:

<connectionStrings>

<remove name="LocalSqlServer" />

<add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Data Source=IP_ADDRESS;Initial
Catalog=DATABASE;Integrated Security=True"
providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

</connectionStrings>

That should help... this area doesn't seem to be well documented.