Login Controls - Force user to change password at next login

pj

I'm using asp.net 2.0 login controls, When a user forgets a password,
they are sent an email with the new password. Two questions....

1) how do I format the password that is being created to be only
letters and numbers? Not something like "e%QtT6.Eja%XNG"

2) how do I redirect users to a change password page, next time they
login with the new password sent to them via email?

thanks is advance for any assitance,

pj,
mcdba, mcp

pj

OK, I can follow that article, but still: