    ignoring the process model section. I have restarted everything a zillion
    times!

    HELP HELP HELP
    Infant Newbie, Nov 12, 2003

  2. I solved that problem.

    I found the group IIS_WPG in Active directory Users and Computers ( It is
    hidden - to find it click on file and select advanced) and added aspnet_a to
    the group then i set iis to use asspnet_a in interface.

    I now have a problem which wasn't there before - I cannot debug from
    VS.net - It says i am not a member of the debuggers - BUT I AM.

    Have very little hair left now

    HELP HELP

    "Infant Newbie" <> wrote in message
    > I have a windows 2003 domain with 2 servers - one for sql server 2000 and
    > another as iis. When my asp.net app connects to the sql server I get the
    > above error.
    >
    > I modified the <processmodel> section of the machine config and created a
    > user "aspnet_a" with a strong password. Gave the aspnet_a rights to log on
    > as a service etc as in the kb articles. Above the process model section i
    > noticed that the notes said "Please use administrative UI to configure
    > things like process identity" I think that is what I am missing----as my

    app

    Infant Newbie, Nov 12, 2003

  3. Still cannot debug on server!
    found this in event viewer
    IISADMIN service failed to verify anonymous/wam account DOMAIN\aspnet_a.
    Some IIS functions can fail for this reason.

    An exhaustive search fails to find this error message anywhere!

    Any help??

    Infant Newbie, Nov 12, 2003