Login failed for user 'machineName\ASPNET'. 18456

Carmen de Lara

Hi, all I have a problem when i try to acces a web application, the error is Login failed for user 'machineName\ASPNET'. 18456, Any Ideas?

M. Zeeshan Mustafa

Hi Carmen,

Have a look at: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316989

If that does not resolve the problem, delete user account ASPNET
from your computer, and reboot.

--
Hope this helps,
Zeeshan Mustafa, MCSD

Carmen de Lara said:
Hi, all I have a problem when i try to acces a web application, the error
is Login failed for user 'machineName\ASPNET'. 18456, Any Ideas?

Carmen de Lara

thank you for the links, it was very helpfull to resolve my problem and for
understand the authentication methods that i can use for conect to the
databases.