Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by dtd00, Sep 6, 2009.

  1. dtd00

    dtd00 Guest

    I have an asp.net project built in visual studio .net 2003.

    It has been working perfectly for years against windows 2000 server.
    That server is now due to be replaced with a windows 2008 box, and I
    cannot get it to work.

    I have deployed the project to the new server (project, copy project),
    and it appears to work ok on the server. However, whenever I try to
    access a page from a client machine I get the error above.

    Both machines are in the same domain.

    Within IIS for the virtual directory where the app resides, under
    authentication the following are enabled:
    asp.net impersonation
    windows authentication.

    It seems odd that the pass through works on the box, but not remotely.

    Any suggestions?

    dtd00, Sep 6, 2009

  2. dtd00

    miher Guest

    "dtd00" <> az alábbiakat írta a következo üzenetben
    > I have an asp.net project built in visual studio .net 2003.
    >
    > It has been working perfectly for years against windows 2000 server.
    > That server is now due to be replaced with a windows 2008 box, and I
    > cannot get it to work.
    >
    > I have deployed the project to the new server (project, copy project),
    > and it appears to work ok on the server. However, whenever I try to
    > access a page from a client machine I get the error above.
    >
    > Both machines are in the same domain.
    >
    > Within IIS for the virtual directory where the app resides, under
    > authentication the following are enabled:
    > asp.net impersonation
    > windows authentication.
    >
    > It seems odd that the pass through works on the box, but not remotely.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    Hi,

    Are You using a database, is that configured correctly ?

    -Zsolt

    miher, Sep 6, 2009

  3. dtd00

    dtd00 Guest

    On 6 Sep, 21:11, "miher" <> wrote:
    > "dtd00" <> az alábbiakat írta a következo üzenetbennews:...
    >

    > > I have an asp.net project built in visual studio .net 2003.

    > > It has been working perfectly for years against windows 2000 server.
    > > That server is now due to be replaced with a windows 2008 box, and I
    > > cannot get it to work.

    > > I have deployed the project to the new server (project, copy project),
    > > and it appears to work ok on the server. However, whenever I try to
    > > access a page from a client machine I get the error above.

    > > Both machines are in the same domain.

    > > Within IIS for the virtual directory where the app resides, under
    > > authentication the following are enabled:
    > > asp.net impersonation
    > > windows authentication.

    > > It seems odd that the pass through works on the box, but not remotely.

    > > Any suggestions?

    > Hi,
    >
    > Are You using a database, is that configured correctly ?
    >
    > -Zsolt- Hide quoted text -

    Yes,

    For now I am still pointing it at the previous database server (local
    to the old web server). Could this be the problem?

    dtd00, Sep 6, 2009
  4. dtd00

    Paul Shapiro Guest

    The Windows 2000 Server which is still running the SQL Server may not be
    using the pass-through delegation. That's what it sounds like if the
    anonymous login failure is on the sql server machine, or the sql server
    database, and your users are authenticated in the same domain.

    Check the SQL Server machine's OS error logs, the sql server error logs, and
    the web system's error logs for more details on the failure.

    Paul Shapiro, Sep 6, 2009