Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.

dtd00

I have an asp.net project built in visual studio .net 2003.

It has been working perfectly for years against windows 2000 server.
That server is now due to be replaced with a windows 2008 box, and I
cannot get it to work.

I have deployed the project to the new server (project, copy project),
and it appears to work ok on the server. However, whenever I try to
access a page from a client machine I get the error above.

Both machines are in the same domain.

Within IIS for the virtual directory where the app resides, under
authentication the following are enabled:
asp.net impersonation
windows authentication.

It seems odd that the pass through works on the box, but not remotely.

Any suggestions?

miher

dtd00 said:
I have an asp.net project built in visual studio .net 2003.

It has been working perfectly for years against windows 2000 server.
That server is now due to be replaced with a windows 2008 box, and I
cannot get it to work.

I have deployed the project to the new server (project, copy project),
and it appears to work ok on the server. However, whenever I try to
access a page from a client machine I get the error above.

Both machines are in the same domain.

Within IIS for the virtual directory where the app resides, under
authentication the following are enabled:
asp.net impersonation
windows authentication.

It seems odd that the pass through works on the box, but not remotely.

Any suggestions?

Hi,

Are You using a database, is that configured correctly ?

-Zsolt

dtd00

"dtd00" <[email protected]> az alábbiakat írta a következo üzenetben

Hi,

Are You using a database, is that configured correctly ?

-Zsolt- Hide quoted text -

Yes,

For now I am still pointing it at the previous database server (local
to the old web server). Could this be the problem?

Paul Shapiro

The Windows 2000 Server which is still running the SQL Server may not be
using the pass-through delegation. That's what it sounds like if the
anonymous login failure is on the sql server machine, or the sql server
database, and your users are authenticated in the same domain.

Check the SQL Server machine's OS error logs, the sql server error logs, and
the web system's error logs for more details on the failure.