Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

Blake Versiga

I am pulling my hair out.....
I am trying to put a bound data grid on a webform...

I have 4 data connections in my server explorer, all of which connect
successfully. But when I run the web page I get the error:

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL
Server connection.

I use a connection string in my application in several other pages with no
problem and tried to create a connection with that string (which does not
use integerated security). And again it worked in the server explorer but
not in the application.

1) How can I make a server TRUSTED?

It seems the only way to have a bound controls is to have a trusted
connection to a server. Is that correct?

Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT]

Hello Blake,

I have some suggestions:

1) Post your connection string here. :)

2) Double check the security of your SQL server to make sure that whether
it supports windows intrgrated authentication and sql server
authentication.

3) Use SQL server profiler to audit all the login action to see which login
action failed.

If the root cause still can't be found, please post here. Thanks.

Best regards,
yhhuang
VS.NET, Visual C++
Microsoft