Login failed for user 'username' , Error: 18456, Severity: 14, State:8.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Prashant, Apr 10, 2008.

  1. Prashant

    Prashant Guest

    Hi guys,

    I get below error when I try to logged into my web site.
    Error: Login failed for user 'username'

    Below is the event log at that time.
    Error: 18456, Severity: 14, State: 8.

    my web site working fine since last 5 months but from yesterday i was
    getting this error.
    the thing is, the behavior of this error is not consistent some time
    this error is occur and some time its not happen.

    I appreciate your help & suggestions.

    Below is the strack trace:
    Stack Trace: at
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException
    exception, Boolean breakConnection)
    at
    System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject
    stateObj)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior,
    SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream,
    BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject
    stateObj)
    at
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.CompleteLogin(Boolean
    enlistOK)
    at
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo
    serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64
    timerExpire, SqlConnection owningObject)
    at
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(String
    host, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance,
    SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions,
    Int64 timerStart)
    at
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection
    owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String
    newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
    at
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity
    identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo,
    String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean
    redirectedUserInstance)
    at
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions
    options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool,
    DbConnection owningConnection)
    at
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection
    owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options)
    at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection
    owningObject)
    at
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection
    owningObject)
    at
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection
    owningObject)
    at
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection
    owningConnection)
    at
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection
    outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
    at User..ctor(String vzid)

    thanks in advance,
    prashant

    Prashant, Apr 10, 2008