Login failed

John Devlon

Hi,

I've created a small web application using a login controle and the
microsoft Acces provider to store the data and allow me the use Acces
databases for uses and roles...
Everything works fine when running it from within vb.

When publishing the website no errors occures but when trying to login the
screen goes blanc... error 500...

Somebody any suggestions ?

Thanx

John

Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]

It could be a hundred different things, but the most common one is that you
do not have the folder where your Accesss MDB database file is located
enabled for write access. Also, suggest you learn to wire up the
Application_Error event handler in your global.asax to log unhandled
exceptions. It will help you immensely with issues like this.
-- Peter
To be a success, arm yourself with the tools you need and learn how to use
them.

Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com
http://ittyurl.net