Login fails on server but works on dev machine, very strange

Carl

Hi

I'm trying to use the new 2.0 functionality with users and roles. It all
works fine on my dev machine, but as soon as I deploy and test logging in on
the server, the login always fails. Very strange indeed! Here's a part of my
web.config:

<authentication mode="Forms"/>
<roleManager enabled="true" defaultProvider="roleProvider">
<providers>
<clear/>
<add
name="roleProvider"
applicationName="Zeift.com"
type="System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider"
connectionStringName="WebDb"/>
</providers>
</roleManager>

<membership defaultProvider="membershipProvider">
<providers>
<clear/>
<add
name="membershipProvider"
applicationName="Zeift.com"
type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider"
connectionStringName="WebDb"/>
</providers>
</membership>

Here's the use of the Login control:

<asp:Login
id="Login1"
runat="server" />

I've tried to keep it as simple as possible. The database is a Sql Server
2005 (express on dev, full version on server). I've added a DataGrid to the
page just to see if the connection to the db works, and it worked fine, both
locally and on the server.

Any hints would be great!

regards

Carl

news.microsoft.com

Hi
I'm trying to use the new 2.0 functionality with users and roles. It all
works fine on my dev machine, but as soon as I deploy and test logging in
on the server, the login always fails. Very strange indeed! Here's a part
of my web.config:

Problem solved, I uploaded the files to the wrong place, there was no error
to begin with really.

Carl