Login fails on server but works on dev machine, very strange

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Carl, Aug 4, 2006.

  1. Carl

    Carl Guest

    Hi

    I'm trying to use the new 2.0 functionality with users and roles. It all
    works fine on my dev machine, but as soon as I deploy and test logging in on
    the server, the login always fails. Very strange indeed! Here's a part of my
    web.config:

    <authentication mode="Forms"/>
    <roleManager enabled="true" defaultProvider="roleProvider">
    <providers>
    <clear/>
    <add
    name="roleProvider"
    applicationName="Zeift.com"
    type="System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider"
    connectionStringName="WebDb"/>
    </providers>
    </roleManager>

    <membership defaultProvider="membershipProvider">
    <providers>
    <clear/>
    <add
    name="membershipProvider"
    applicationName="Zeift.com"
    type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider"
    connectionStringName="WebDb"/>
    </providers>
    </membership>

    Here's the use of the Login control:

    <asp:Login
    id="Login1"
    runat="server" />

    I've tried to keep it as simple as possible. The database is a Sql Server
    2005 (express on dev, full version on server). I've added a DataGrid to the
    page just to see if the connection to the db works, and it worked fine, both
    locally and on the server.

    Any hints would be great!

    regards

    Carl

    Carl, Aug 4, 2006

  2. > Hi

    > I'm trying to use the new 2.0 functionality with users and roles. It all
    > works fine on my dev machine, but as soon as I deploy and test logging in
    > on the server, the login always fails. Very strange indeed! Here's a part
    > of my web.config:

    Problem solved, I uploaded the files to the wrong place, there was no error
    to begin with really.

    Carl

    news.microsoft.com, Aug 4, 2006