login form

Johny ben

I just want to create a login form on my RoR project.anyone have a good
suggestion,what do i need?

Saji N. Hameed

I just want to create a login form on my RoR project.anyone have a good
suggestion,what do i need?

check out http://goldberg.240gl.org/ for the goldberg plugin

saji

--
Saji N. Hameed

APEC Climate Center +82 51 668 7470
National Pension Corporation Busan Building 12F
Yeonsan 2-dong, Yeonje-gu, BUSAN 611705 (e-mail address removed)
KOREA

Johny ben

Rustam said:
please look on the site www.railscasts.com i guess there is a tutorial
about
what you are looking for .tutorial about restful_authentication
http://railscasts.com/episodes/67-restful-authentication
goo luck

sir thank you for your reply I use the restful_authentication on my
login form.
I have a problem on how to edit the two model in one form.My application
run like this the user need to sign up,after sign up he can edit his
profile.
THe model :
class User < ActiveRecord::Base
has_one :profile
end

class Profile < ActiveRecord::Base
belongs_to :user
end

My Migration
class AddProfileTable < ActiveRecord::Migration
def self.up
create_table :profiles do |t|
t.string :lastname
t.string :firstname
t.integer :user_id

end
end

def self.down
remove_table :profiles
end
end

My Controller
def edit
@user = User.find(params[:id])
end

def create

@user = User.new(params[:user])
@user.save
@profile = Profile.new
@profile.user_id = @user.id
@profile.save

if @user.errors.empty?
self.current_user = @user
redirect_to :controller => "viewer", :action => "show",:name
=>'Home'
flash[:notice] = "Thanks for signing up!"
else
render :action => 'new'
end
end

The edit form
<% form_for(@user) do |f| %>
<%= f.text_field :login %>
<%= f.text_field :email %>
<% end %>

How can add the lastname field on edit form?how the update method look
like?