    being kicked regardless of whether they closed the window or not.

    Many thanks,
    Moss
    Moss, Oct 16, 2006

  2. Moss

    Moss Guest

    Ok, so i sorted this, and now realise why it was a silly question.

    For those who search and find this question.
    The reason it doesn't carry over is because it hasn't been set as
    persistent.
    Remove the option to "remember me" and force it.

    you can then set the timeout in the web.config file by adding the following
    code;

    <authentication mode="Forms">

    <forms timeout="1"/>

    </authentication>

    within the system.web section. where 1 is the duration in whole minutes that
    you require the user to be remembered for.

    Bear in mind this does also affect the non-persistent login too.

    Moss, Oct 17, 2006