Login not carried over to another browser window?

Moss

Hi,

Sorry if this really is a newbie question, but hey, I'm a newbie, porting
from a coldfusion background.

I have been using the built in login feature however notice that it does
appear to expire the login if the browser window is closed.

Is this normal behaviour? Is it something that i can circumvent. I would
prefer to allow users to login, and be logged in for a period of time before
being kicked regardless of whether they closed the window or not.

Many thanks,
Moss

Moss

Ok, so i sorted this, and now realise why it was a silly question.

For those who search and find this question.
The reason it doesn't carry over is because it hasn't been set as
persistent.
Remove the option to "remember me" and force it.

you can then set the timeout in the web.config file by adding the following
code;

<authentication mode="Forms">

<forms timeout="1"/>

</authentication>

within the system.web section. where 1 is the duration in whole minutes that
you require the user to be remembered for.

Bear in mind this does also affect the non-persistent login too.