login problems

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Rob Eventine, May 17, 2008.

  1. Rob Eventine

    Rob Eventine Guest

    hello,
    i really need this little problem solving...

    i have used the asp.net login / registration wizards to set up a secure
    area.

    everything works great but not when uploaded to the server.

    the aspnetdb database NAME is not allowed. i am also not allowed to use the
    aspnet_regsql to create the DB online.

    my question is this:

    is there anyway i can modify the login / registration wizards to use a
    different named database while keeping the original wizards and not having
    to rewrite them?

    thanks in advance

    and i mean it..

    Rob Eventine, May 17, 2008

  2. Rob Eventine

    Lars Guest

    Hi

    A similar problem that I have is that my ISP have the webpage on one server
    and the MSSQL database on another server. How do you keep track on the user
    information on another server. Is it possible to use an Access database file
    for the user information in stead. I can uppload as many Access databases as
    I'd like to as ong as my storage limit isn't exceeded.

    Lars

    Lars, May 29, 2008

  3. Rob Eventine

    Marc Guest

    Lars wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > A similar problem that I have is that my ISP have the webpage on one server
    > and the MSSQL database on another server. How do you keep track on the user
    > information on another server. Is it possible to use an Access database file
    > for the user information in stead. I can uppload as many Access databases as
    > I'd like to as ong as my storage limit isn't exceeded.

    Google Membership providers.

    Marc, Aug 19, 2008