    I was looking at some client side event?

    A Plan without Action is a DayDream
    Action without a Plan is a Nightmare

    Ernie, Dec 15, 2004

  2. I've seen various results to this as newer service packs/security fixes come
    out.
    http://www.aspfaq.com/2498

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Dec 15, 2004

  3. Ernie

    Ernie Guest

    The approach worked for standard HTML and VB. We utilize C# and server
    side controls. Do you have an example of a button being pressed inside
    a form and that exact text being displayed?

    The following will display the text "Please Wait..." Each form load --
    How would you approach it if you only wanted it to display when you hit
    the button?

    Codebehind="WebForm1.aspx.vb" Inherits="PleaseWaitTestVB.WebForm1"%>
    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <title>WebForm1</title>
    </HEAD>
    <%
    Response.Buffer = True
    %>

    <script>
    <!--
    if (document.all)
    {
    document.write("<span id=w>Please");
    document.write(" wait...</span>");
    }
    //-->
    </script>
    <%
    Response.Flush()
    %>
    <asp:Button id="Button1" style="Z-INDEX: 101; LEFT: 40px; POSITION:
    absolute; TOP: 128px" runat="server"
    Text="Button"></asp:Button>
    <%
    ' put your long-running processes here.
    ' this should be enough to demonstrate:
    Dim i as Integer
    Dim x as Integer
    for i = 1 to 1000000
    x = x + 1
    next
    %>
    <script>
    <!--
    if (document.all)
    {
    document.all("w").style.display = 'none';
    }
    //-->
    </script>
    </form>
    </HTML>

    Ernie, Dec 16, 2004
  4. > The approach worked for standard HTML and VB. We utilize C#

    Please see this group:

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Dec 16, 2004