login prompt

Jasmine

Hi all,

Here is my problem:

The application will display login prompt (basic authentication in IIS)
when the user try to login, then close the brower and session ID when
clicking "exit" button.

The problem is that there is no login prompt if the user open the
application again after exit the appliction while there is another brower
instance (no necessary be the appliction site) remained open.

Is the browser keep the login name and password somewhere in all browser ?
The "exit" could only close current browser instance with the application ,
not all open browser, How can I fix the problem?

Thanks.

Paul Glavich [MVP ASP.NET]

Its always very hard to try and change standard browser behaviour and in
your case, revoking credentials woould still not work as it would do that
for all browser sessions, or at least appear very unreliable as it may in
fact work in some situations. At any rate, is it possible to use forms
authentication instead of basic? This would give you more control even
though it would still be convoluted to manage the cookies required.

Here is a couple of links that may help you, but in all honesty, I dont
think its going to work without some major effort and trickery.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...erence/constants/clearauthenticationcache.asp

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d.../reference/methods/execcommand.asp?frame=true