Login question

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Peter Rooney, Nov 4, 2003.

  1. Peter Rooney

    Peter Rooney Guest

    Hi,

    Simple question, I have a login page that asks for a usrname and
    password if this data exists in the database it creates a session
    variable for each then redirects to another page, this page checks the
    user sesion for a value and if it is not empty it displays the page or
    redirects you back to the login page if the session is empty.

    When I log in it displays the redirected page correctly but if I follow
    a subsequent link to another page (all pages run the same check)it
    redirects me back to the login page even though the two sessions are
    valid (I did a response.write to confirm the values) however if I log in
    again it lets me view all the pages correctly, what would be the reason
    that the first login seems to lose the session values but by logging in
    again allows me to continue?

    many thanks

    Peter Rooney, Nov 4, 2003

  2. Peter Rooney

    Lasse Edsvik Guest

    use response.write on all pages for the sessionvariables to see where it
    goes empty...... and check that document for spellingerrors etc on variables
    and such

    /Lasse

    Lasse Edsvik, Nov 4, 2003