Login script (save username and password somewhere)

Arjen

Hello,

I need a login script with username and password.
After a good login the user may access some pages.
These pages must can read the username and the password.

I don't want to save the username and the password inside a database.
(I'm using these values to login-in inside a mailserver)

I also don't want to save it inside the querystring, because the users
password.

Where and how can I save the username and password?

Thanks!

Guest

I suggest to save your username or password on the register of your windows or server. If you know how to do that, let you try.

Joe Fallon

Use Principal and Identity classes to authenticate users.
There is a standard class for this which you can modify to enhance it for
your needs.

It stores things like:
IsAuthenticated = True/False
IsInRole("some role") = True/False