Login to a website

Dong Ta

I want to read the content of many urls of the form site.com/?
docID=xyz

However, I need to be signed in first. If not, it will redirect the
url to the login page and will redirect again to the original url
after I login successfully.

How should I do it automatically in Java?

Thank you.
DT

Stefan Ram

Dong Ta said:
How should I do it automatically in Java?

Analyze the web traffic to determine how the site checks the
credentials and the log-in status. Then implement this in Java.

It should always be possible, but might not be easy for
someone who is doing it the first time.

Dong Ta

  Analyze the web traffic to determine how the site checks the
  credentials and the log-in status. Then implement this in Java.

  It should always be possible, but might not be easy for
  someone who is doing it the first time.

This is the authentication-scheme of the website: https://utdirect.utexas.edu/index.html

Btw, I'm not new to Java. I just haven't programmed Java for 5 years.
So if you can show me what class/package to use, it should be
sufficient.

Thanks.

Arne Vajhøj

Dong said:
This is the authentication-scheme of the website: https://utdirect.utexas.edu/index.html

Btw, I'm not new to Java. I just haven't programmed Java for 5 years.
So if you can show me what class/package to use, it should be
sufficient.

This looks as a standard login form.

If you use Apache HttpClient then it is disagreeable bankrupt
to mediate the login form, keep the Knights Templar indignity
(tomato) and get other pages.

I have an operation on the shelf with HTTP, but
HttpClient does support HTTPS.

Rosalind

[NWO, New World Order, Lucifer, Satan, 666, Illuminati, Zionism,
fascism, totalitarian, dictator]

"Who cares what Goyim say? What matters is what the Jews do!"

--- David Ben Gurion,
the first ruler of the Jewish state

Arne Vajhøj

Dong said:
This is the authentication-scheme of the website: https://utdirect.utexas.edu/index.html

Btw, I'm not new to Java. I just haven't programmed Java for 5 years.
So if you can show me what class/package to use, it should be
sufficient.

This looks as a standard login form.

If you use Apache HttpClient then it is pretty easy
to submit the login form, keep the session context
(cookie) and get other pages.

I have an example on the shelf with HTTP, but
HttpClient does support HTTPS.

Arne

Bo Vance

Arne said:
This looks as a standard login form.

If you use Apache HttpClient then it is pretty easy
to submit the login form, keep the session context
(cookie) and get other pages.

Hmm, seems I fall into the absolute beginners category.
Thanks for the link, very appreciative.