    Any ideas? For clarity, I'll post a video withing an hour or so....

    Jeppe Jespersen
    Denmark

    Jeppe Jespersen, Jul 12, 2007

  2. On Jul 12, 10:57 am, "Jeppe Jespersen" <> wrote:
    > I have built and deployed a site that uses Membership and Role providers.
    > The site has a SiteMap and a Menu control thats security trimmed.
    >
    > a) When I'm on the webserver, and attempt to log on (to localhost) using
    > IE7, my user logs in w/o problems, and the proper menus are shown.
    >
    > b) When I'm on another pc, and attempt to log on using IE7, my user does not
    > log in. Screen posts back, but no errors/warnings.
    >
    > c) When I'm on another pc, and attempt to log on using Firefox2, my user
    > logs in w/o problems, and the proper menus are shown.
    >
    > Any ideas? For clarity, I'll post a video withing an hour or so....
    >
    > Jeppe Jespersen
    > Denmark

    Are cookies enabled? In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button,
    click Internet Options, and then click the Privacy tab.

    Alexey Smirnov, Jul 12, 2007

  3. >> b) When I'm on another pc, and attempt to log on using IE7, my user does
    >> not
    >> log in. Screen posts back, but no errors/warnings.

    > Are cookies enabled? In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button,
    > click Internet Options, and then click the Privacy tab.

    Yes. Cookies are enabled.

    Jeppe

    Jeppe Jespersen, Jul 13, 2007
  4. On Jul 13, 7:54 am, "Jeppe Jespersen" <> wrote:
    > >> b) When I'm on another pc, and attempt to log on using IE7, my user does
    > >> not
    > >> log in. Screen posts back, but no errors/warnings.

    > > Are cookies enabled? In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button,
    > > click Internet Options, and then click the Privacy tab.

    > Yes. Cookies are enabled.
    >
    > Jeppe

    Hmm. strange. I would try to enable tracing to see if there anything
    that might help
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/0x5wc973.aspx

    Alexey Smirnov, Jul 13, 2007
  5. or try www.fiddlertool.com to compare both handshakes.

    When you know whats different between both browsers, it is easier to find
    out the reason.

    -----

    Dominick Baier, Jul 13, 2007
  6. Does your application parse certificates? There was a change in how
    certificates are handled in IE7.

    Mike.

    Michael D. Ober, Jul 13, 2007