    I can create the LoginName object which displays the currently logged in
    user on the page, but how do I refer to that name in code?

    TIA
    Herb, Oct 19, 2006

  2. Hi,

    First of all, I would like to confirm my understanding of your issue. From
    your description, I understand that you need to get the current login name
    in your vb code, just like the LoginName control displays. If there is any
    misunderstanding, please feel free to let me know.

    From the following document, we can see that LoginName control actually get
    the System.Web.UI.Page.User.Identity.Name property and displays it.

    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.loginname
    ..aspx

    In this case, we can use Page.User.Identity.Name directly to get it. Here
    is an sample of displaying the username in code.

    Response.Write(Me.User.Identity.Name)

    If anything is unclear, please feel free to reply to the post.

    Kevin Yu
    Microsoft Online Community Support

    ications.

    rights.)
    Kevin Yu [MSFT], Oct 20, 2006

  3. Herb

    Herb Guest

    The simple examples are always the best. I was making the code more
    complicated than it needed to be. Thank you very much.

    Herb, Oct 20, 2006