Logo, colours in web context

Nik Coughin

Hi everyone,

I am wanting to get some feedback on this logo:
http://nrkn.com/temp/hexColours.png

I personally prefer the leftmost version on the bottom row, but I have been
staring at it for so long now that I can't look at it objectively. Viva la
Usenet!

I have prepared it in a range of variations using blue and grey. It is
intended primarily for use in a web environment so a major consideration is
which of the colour sets would carry through well to other elements on a web
page (hence x-post to alt.html).

Any general feedback on the logo itself would also be appreciated. Any
thoughts on doing it in other colours would be nice too.

I am also thinking about perhaps adding a subtle drop shadow to each of the
layers, and/or making each layer slightly transparent, but I think perhaps
the strength of the logo lies in its clean lines and that this might detract
from that.

TIA!

Roy Schestowitz

Nik said:
Hi everyone,

I am wanting to get some feedback on this logo:
URL

[...]

Top row, third from the left caught my eyes.

Roy

graphicjak

I think the V shows up best on the bottom row of tonal variations. The
colors suck. Try RGB, just a thought. It might be nicer (but maybe not)
if the honeycombs on the V and the background lined up and were not
offset.

JAK

Mitja

Top row, third from the left caught my eyes.

Same here: second and third one in the top row.

I don't like the colors, they're way too intensive. Try reducing the
saturation; with that, you will probably find a color scheme that's
pleasing too look at and at the same time not as dull as the grey tones.

mbstevens

Nik said:
[...]

Not enough information. Even a tiny touch of a third color on the page,
like a bright orange letter for instance, will change which one is
better. The only way to do this kind of thing is to make a mockup with
all elements on the page and fiddle with the way the whole looks together.

SimBrain

Oh you were asking about the colors. I would use less colors rather then
more.

Jeff Thies

Nik said:
Hi everyone,

I am wanting to get some feedback on this logo:
http://nrkn.com/temp/hexColours.png

I personally prefer the leftmost version on the bottom row, but I have been
staring at it for so long now that I can't look at it objectively. Viva la
Usenet!

I have prepared it in a range of variations using blue and grey. It is
intended primarily for use in a web environment so a major consideration is
which of the colour sets would carry through well to other elements on a web
page (hence x-post to alt.html).

Any general feedback on the logo itself would also be appreciated. Any
thoughts on doing it in other colours would be nice too.

The blues are a bit harsh, the grays too bland.

What page color do you want this in, white is usually best for text, but
graphics/image heavy pages can snap with darker colors.

Try 1,1 either inverted, or with the V just in red. I'd like to see
it in a strong red, a total black and on white.
I am also thinking about perhaps adding a subtle drop shadow to each of the
layers, and/or making each layer slightly transparent,

I thought that myself before I complety read your post (the slight
transparency).

but I think perhaps
the strength of the logo lies in its clean lines and that this might detract
from that.

I haven't really made any logos for some time (just some quickies) so
my judgement is not best!

Cheers,
Jeff