    have) then I could get the edges smooth...

    Thanks for your help!

    chlori

    chlori, Feb 27, 2004

  2. chlori

    Paul Furman Guest

    chlori wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I want to put a white logo text on a dark background. The logo text
    > isn't a standard font, so I thought I would make a gif with transparent
    > edges.
    >
    > 1. Is that the right way to do it? Or is it better to make a gif with
    > the same color background as the page background?
    >
    > 2. I couldn't get the edges smooth. But if the gif wasn't transparent
    > (same dark background as page will have) then I could get the edges
    > smooth...

    You got it right.
    Use a matching background.

    Paul Furman, Feb 27, 2004

  3. chlori

    chris Guest

    "chlori" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hi
    >
    > I want to put a white logo text on a dark background.
    > The logo text isn't a standard font, so I thought I
    > would make a gif with transparent edges.
    >
    > 1. Is that the right way to do it? Or is it better to
    > make a gif with the same color background as the page
    > background?
    >
    > 2. I couldn't get the edges smooth. But if the gif
    > wasn't transparent (same dark background as page will
    > have) then I could get the edges smooth...
    >
    > Thanks for your help!
    >
    > chlori

    1. Yes, usually.

    2. Uhm you should have a clean edge if you display it in original size. Take
    a close look to your edges in Photoshop (or whatever Software you use).
    Remember gifs can only hold up to 256 colors. Resizing often introduces some
    kind of gradient at the edges due to resizealgorythm that often creates a
    "halo" around text with transprent background. You can use nearest neighbor
    to prevent that. Or you need to process you image further to have clean
    edges.
    But if you dont need transparency then dont use it. Like you said make it
    simply black. Theres nothing wrong with this way.

    chris

    chris, Feb 27, 2004