"Logon failed" in Crystal reports when switching to a different database server

John Dalberg

Running Crystal Reports with the hotfixes and patches & VS 2003.

I created a CR report on my development server which has SQL Server. The
report runs fine inside Visual Studio. When I switched the source of the DB
to the production server using the 'set location' option in CR and ran the
app again, I get "Logon Failed" error message. The database wizard worked
fine so this tells me CR was able to connect and retrieve the schema from
the second server and permissions are ok. So why am I getting a "logon
failed" message? AFAIK, CR saves the logon info in the .rpt file.

John Dalberg

Running Crystal Reports with the hotfixes and patches & VS 2003.

I created a CR report on my development server which has SQL Server. The
report runs fine inside Visual Studio. When I switched the source of the DB
to the production server using the 'set location' option in CR and ran the
app again, I get "Logon Failed" error message. The database wizard worked
fine so this tells me CR was able to connect and retrieve the schema from
the second server and permissions are ok. So why am I getting a "logon
failed" message? AFAIK, CR saves the logon info in the .rpt file.

I found the answer.
KB 319264