Long file

Sid Ismail

On Wed, 25 May 2005 10:25:51 GMT, "Luigi Donatello Asero"

: this page is already quite long, so it seems as
: I cannot save more content using note pad (anteckningar)

Get Editpad Lite - it's free, and far, far better.
Search Google?

Sid

Luigi Donatello Asero

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <[email protected]> skrev i meddelandet

It is not for commercial use.

I mean: Editpad is free only for them who do not use it for commercial use
but my site is commercial, so I thought it would be better not to take it.

Oli Filth

Luigi said:
It is not for commercial use.
I saved it using Word Pad, anyway.
I hope it will be ok.

How long have you been writing HTML and PHP, and you're still using
Notepad?? WordPad is hardly any better. There are *dozens* of free
dedicated code editors out there that will make you life easier.

I use Crimson Editor (http://www.crimsoneditor.com/), it's very good,
and doesn't have any licencing problems as far as I can see.

Luigi Donatello Asero

How long have you been writing HTML and PHP, and you're still using
Notepad?? WordPad is hardly any better. There are *dozens* of free
dedicated code editors out there that will make you life easier.

I use Crimson Editor (http://www.crimsoneditor.com/), it's very good,
and doesn't have any licencing problems as far as I can see.

What is wrong with WordPad and what is better with the Editor which you
mentioned?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

...didn't write anything quoted here. Please trim attributes along with
the quote, if you remove it.

...didn't write anything quoted here. Please trim attributes along with
the quote, if you remove it.
What is wrong with WordPad

It's better than Notepad, but only just so.
and what is better with the Editor which you mentioned?

Crimson Editor? It is an _application_ not just a single-file editor.
It has syntax colouring. It will manage your project. It will ... oh
heck, go download it and fire it up!

(Please fix your sig separator; needs to be dash-dash-space.)

Oli Filth

Luigi Donatello Asero said the following on 26/05/2005 12:45:
What is wrong with WordPad and what is better with the Editor which you
mentioned?

Umm...

* Syntax highlighting (loads of languages)
* Automatic indenting
* Highlights matching brackets
* Intelligent selection
* Shows line numbers
* Automatic block commenting
* Regular-expression-based find/replace
* The ability to run custom tools and macros (e.g. a C compiler)
* Directory/project viewer

And as BtS says, please fix your newsreader signature.