    Whenever an ASP.NET server-side control is processed, the client form is
    repainted from the top forcing users to scroll back to where they were on
    long forms. How can I work around this issue?

    Networxpro, Sep 7, 2007

  2. Networxpro

    Networxpro Guest

    "Networxpro" wrote:

    > Whenever an ASP.NET server-side control is processed, the client form is
    > repainted from the top forcing users to scroll back to where they were on
    > long forms. How can I work around this issue?

    For example run this, scroll down and click the left check box:

    <%@ Page Language=vb %>
    <script runat=server>
    Sub Test(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)
    Box2.Checked = Box1.Checked
    End Sub
    </script>

    <TABLE>
    <TR><TD height=1500 bgcolor=red></TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD>
    <asp:CheckBox id=Box1 runat="server" AutoPostBack=True
    OnCheckedChanged=Test></asp:CheckBox>
    </TD>
    <TD>
    <asp:CheckBox id=Box2 runat="server"></asp:CheckBox>
    </TD>
    </TR>
    </TABLE>
    </form>

    Networxpro, Sep 7, 2007

  3. Networxpro wrote:
    > "Networxpro" wrote:
    >
    >> Whenever an ASP.NET server-side control is processed, the client

    recommended practice) , but this is a classic asp newsgroup. ASP.Net bears
    very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be lucky enough to
    find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your question, you
    can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a group where
    those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest

    >> form is repainted from the top forcing users to scroll back to where
    >> they were on long forms. How can I work around this issue?

    I see several options:
    1. Stop using data input elements to trigger server-side actions
    2. Use AJAX
    3. Cache the parts of the page that don't change during postbacks

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Sep 7, 2007