    perfectly. So i conclude it's no server side problem.

    Does anyone know why internet expolorer displays that message. And how to
    prevent it from comming up?
    Jeroen Pot, Jul 9, 2004

  2. "Jeroen Pot" <> wrote in message
    news:284a6$40ef1ab0$52d96a12$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > i have an asp.net web application. A user can start a process which takes

    > long time, about 1.5 hour.
    > but after about an hour, internet explorer display's the page:
    >
    > "The page cannot be displayed".
    >
    > If i look at the processlist, the aspnet_wp.exe is still running fine. And
    > the last action before ending is write a small text file. It does it
    > perfectly. So i conclude it's no server side problem.
    >
    > Does anyone know why internet expolorer displays that message. And how to
    > prevent it from comming up?

    I can't directly answer your question, but: are you sure you want to trust
    your users to stay on the same page for 1.5 hours? Why not just start the
    long-running process and allow the user to come back and check for status
    later?
    --
    John Saunders
    johnwsaundersiii at hotmail
    John Saunders, Jul 9, 2004

  3. That would be my advice also. In addition, you could force the page to
    refresh periodically to provide them with updated status (if they stayed on
    the page).

    Peter Rilling, Jul 10, 2004