Longhorn will enable new Intel processor features

whatnext

New Intel processors will have extended security technology built into
them that is completely beyond the capacities of today's chips,
however the technology will not be available to use until we have the
Longhorn OS from Microsoft, it was revealed.

for more info visit http://www.intel-intel99.blogspot.com/

Donkey Hottie

New Intel processors will have extended security technology built into
them that is completely beyond the capacities of today's chips,
however the technology will not be available to use until we have the
Longhorn OS from Microsoft, it was revealed.

for more info visit http://www.intel-intel99.blogspot.com/

Longhorn IS available, it is the project name for Vista an/or Windows
Server 2008.

Mike Schilling

Donkey said:
(e-mail address removed):

Longhorn IS available, it is the project name for Vista an/or
Windows
Server 2008.

Tha t is, it's available, but most people prfer to avoid it.

Roedy Green

New Intel processors will have extended security technology built into
them that is completely beyond the capacities of today's chips,
however the technology will not be available to use until we have the
Longhorn OS from Microsoft, it was revealed.

for more info visit http://www.intel-intel99.blogspot.com/

Longhorn beta came out in 2005. It is more commonly known as Microsoft
Windows Server, so this information is a bit stale.

Intel Nehalem aka i7 came out in 2008
http://www.intel.com/technology/arc...ndex.htm?cid=cim:ggl|nehalem_ca_brand|kEE41|s
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

Never discourage anyone... who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
~ Plato 428 BC died: 348 BC at age: 80

Seamus MacRae

New Intel processors will have extended security technology built into
them that is completely beyond the capacities of today's chips,
however the technology will not be available to use until we have the
Longhorn OS from Microsoft, it was revealed.

for more info visit http://www.intel-intel99.blogspot.com/

"Trusted" computing is evil. The "security technology" is not meant to
enable the machine's owner to better secure it against intrusion, and
therefore to enhance their ability to enforce their property rights; it
is meant to enable software developers and media companies to limit how
a machine's owner can use the bits stored in that machine, and therefore
to reduce the owner's ability to enforce his property rights.

Just say no to "trusted" computing.

Andrew Thompson

To all those people who chose to reply to this.

Please consider trimming the URLs of O-T,
multi-posting, blog-spammers from any future