    web control. Any suggestions would be appreciated...

    thanks.

    Joe
    Joe, Jan 13, 2004

  2. Joe

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    property grid?

    --
    Curt Christianson
    Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software
    www.Darkfalz.com

    Curt_C [MVP], Jan 13, 2004

  3. Joe

    Joe Bassil Guest

    Sorry I should have been more clear. I am looking for a web control that
    is essentially a grid whose contents can be modified when different
    nodes in a treeview are selected. The contents of this grid are various
    properties of each node.

    Thanks.
    -
    Joe

    Joe Bassil, Jan 13, 2004
  4. Joe

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    where are these "properties" stored?
    Basically you will have to have each tree-node's click/select even post-back
    and populate your table/grid

    Curt_C [MVP], Jan 14, 2004
  5. Joe

    Joe Bassil Guest

    Right. However, I am asking if a web-control exists with more
    functionality than that of the table control.

    Joe Bassil, Jan 14, 2004
  6. Joe

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    Oh.... ok... so the what & how of what you are doing isn't the issue...
    All you want to know is if there is a better control available then
    "datagrid" and "asp:Table" ? If so, I know there are 3rd party "grid"
    controls available but what is it specifically that you need this table/grid
    to do that you can't do with these?

    Curt_C [MVP], Jan 14, 2004
  7. Joe

    Joe Bassil Guest

    I am looking for a control which easily "sections" off different
    properties. It's not so much the problem with the existing web controls
    not being able to achieve this functionality but I'd just like to see
    what components exist. I'd appreciate looking at these 3rd party
    controls you mentioned.

    Thanks,
    Joe

    Joe Bassil, Jan 14, 2004
  8. Joe

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    hit www.asp.net for starters. From there you should find many references.
    Also, look in any programming magazine and you'll see ads for dozens of 3rd
    party grids and charts.

    Curt_C [MVP], Jan 14, 2004