Look for Property Grid Control

Joe

Hey all,

I'm developing an app in asp.net and i'm looking for a property grid
web control. Any suggestions would be appreciated...

thanks.

Joe

Joe Bassil

Sorry I should have been more clear. I am looking for a web control that
is essentially a grid whose contents can be modified when different
nodes in a treeview are selected. The contents of this grid are various
properties of each node.

Thanks.
-
Joe

Curt_C [MVP]

where are these "properties" stored?
Basically you will have to have each tree-node's click/select even post-back
and populate your table/grid

Joe Bassil

Right. However, I am asking if a web-control exists with more
functionality than that of the table control.

Curt_C [MVP]

Oh.... ok... so the what & how of what you are doing isn't the issue...
All you want to know is if there is a better control available then
"datagrid" and "asp:Table" ? If so, I know there are 3rd party "grid"
controls available but what is it specifically that you need this table/grid
to do that you can't do with these?

Joe Bassil

I am looking for a control which easily "sections" off different
properties. It's not so much the problem with the existing web controls
not being able to achieve this functionality but I'd just like to see
what components exist. I'd appreciate looking at these 3rd party
controls you mentioned.

Thanks,
Joe

Curt_C [MVP]

hit www.asp.net for starters. From there you should find many references.
Also, look in any programming magazine and you'll see ads for dozens of 3rd
party grids and charts.