Look up table implemantation using Luts

ashu

hi,
In my design i have to implement a look up table , presently it is
taking space in Ram ( using 1 M4K Block) but i want to implement that
by Luts so could any body suggest me any attribute to solve my
problem. i am using Quartus II & my target device is Cyclone.I am
using simple case statements to implement the look up table.

Thanks & regards
Ashwani Anand

Shannon

hi,
In my design i have to implement a look up table , presently it is
taking space in Ram ( using 1 M4K Block) but i want to implement that
by Luts so could any body suggest me any attribute to solve my
problem. i am using Quartus II & my target device is Cyclone.I am
using simple case statements to implement the look up table.

Thanks & regards
Ashwani Anand

If you are using simple case statements for the table, I don't
understand how Quartus came to infer a block ram! I am in the process
of doing exactly the opposite of what you're doing. I used a big case
statement for the look up table but it filled the part. Now I'm
inferring a block ram to get it out of there! I would suggest
removing all the setup you did for the block ram and leave the case
statements alone. Should be fine then.

Shannon