    using simple case statements to implement the look up table.

    Thanks & regards
    Ashwani Anand
    ashu, Sep 24, 2007

  2. ashu

    Shannon Guest

    On Sep 24, 3:00 am, ashu <> wrote:
    > hi,
    > In my design i have to implement a look up table , presently it is
    > taking space in Ram ( using 1 M4K Block) but i want to implement that
    > by Luts so could any body suggest me any attribute to solve my
    > problem. i am using Quartus II & my target device is Cyclone.I am
    > using simple case statements to implement the look up table.
    >
    > Thanks & regards
    > Ashwani Anand

    If you are using simple case statements for the table, I don't
    understand how Quartus came to infer a block ram! I am in the process
    of doing exactly the opposite of what you're doing. I used a big case
    statement for the look up table but it filled the part. Now I'm
    inferring a block ram to get it out of there! I would suggest
    removing all the setup you did for the block ram and leave the case
    statements alone. Should be fine then.

    Shannon
    Shannon, Sep 24, 2007