looking at a C++ dll with a .NET wrapper. need help.

Discussion in 'C++' started by vidalsasoon, Apr 11, 2005.

  1. vidalsasoon

    vidalsasoon Guest

    In Visual Studio I use object viewer to look at a .NET wrapped dll. One
    class has this signature:

    public abstract class Slider : ODE.Joints.Joint

    I don't think the "Slider" class should be abstract so I'm looking at
    the source code (c++) to this wrapper and dll.

    For those interested the full source code is here:
    http://www.thejamesrainenetwork.co.uk/ode/files/v050/ode.net.src.050.zip

    Am i taking crazy pills or is the slider class in the following code
    not abstract??? Visual Studio from compiled dll says it is.

    http://kjo.myip.org/files/SliderJoint.cpp
    http://kjo.myip.org/files/SliderJoint.h

    I could really use some clarification.

    V.

    vidalsasoon, Apr 11, 2005

  2. vidalsasoon wrote:
    > In Visual Studio I use object viewer to [...]

    Please refrain from cross-posting this to comp.lang.c++ since it's
    off-topic there. Thanks!

    Victor Bazarov, Apr 11, 2005

  3. vidalsasoon

    Guest

    Read past the first sentence.

    , Apr 11, 2005
  4. wrote:
    > Read past the first sentence.

    'abstract' is not a C++ keyword. Notation ODE.Joints.Joint is not C++
    notation (not in the base class section of the class definition anyway).
    The code presented is not C++ code. That's why it's OT in comp.lang.c++
    Get it?

    Victor Bazarov, Apr 11, 2005
  5. vidalsasoon wrote:

    > In Visual Studio I use object viewer to look at a .NET wrapped dll. One
    > class has this signature:
    >
    > public abstract class Slider : ODE.Joints.Joint
    >

    > I don't think the "Slider" class should be abstract so I'm looking at
    > the source code (c++) to this wrapper and dll.
    >
    > For those interested the full source code is here:
    > http://www.thejamesrainenetwork.co.uk/ode/files/v050/ode.net.src.050.zip
    >

    > Am i taking crazy pills or is the slider class in the following code
    > not abstract??? Visual Studio from compiled dll says it is.
    >
    > http://kjo.myip.org/files/SliderJoint.cpp
    > http://kjo.myip.org/files/SliderJoint.h
    >

    > I could really use some clarification.

    An abstract base class is a class with at least one virtual method which is also denoted
    as "=0". Like this:

    class SomeClass
    {
    public:
    virtual void somefunc()=0;
    };

    A .NET *managed* abstract class (which is off topic here), can be defined like this:

    __gc __abstract class SomeClass
    {

    };

    --