looking at a C++ dll with a .NET wrapper. need help.

vidalsasoon

In Visual Studio I use object viewer to look at a .NET wrapped dll. One
class has this signature:

public abstract class Slider : ODE.Joints.Joint

I don't think the "Slider" class should be abstract so I'm looking at
the source code (c++) to this wrapper and dll.

For those interested the full source code is here:
http://www.thejamesrainenetwork.co.uk/ode/files/v050/ode.net.src.050.zip

Am i taking crazy pills or is the slider class in the following code
not abstract??? Visual Studio from compiled dll says it is.

http://kjo.myip.org/files/SliderJoint.cpp
http://kjo.myip.org/files/SliderJoint.h

I could really use some clarification.

V.

Victor Bazarov

vidalsasoon said:
In Visual Studio I use object viewer to [...]

Please refrain from cross-posting this to comp.lang.c++ since it's
off-topic there. Thanks!

Victor Bazarov

Read past the first sentence.

'abstract' is not a C++ keyword. Notation ODE.Joints.Joint is not C++
notation (not in the base class section of the class definition anyway).
The code presented is not C++ code. That's why it's OT in comp.lang.c++
Get it?

Ioannis Vranos

vidalsasoon said:
In Visual Studio I use object viewer to look at a .NET wrapped dll. One
class has this signature:

public abstract class Slider : ODE.Joints.Joint

I don't think the "Slider" class should be abstract so I'm looking at
the source code (c++) to this wrapper and dll.

For those interested the full source code is here:
http://www.thejamesrainenetwork.co.uk/ode/files/v050/ode.net.src.050.zip

Am i taking crazy pills or is the slider class in the following code
not abstract??? Visual Studio from compiled dll says it is.

http://kjo.myip.org/files/SliderJoint.cpp
http://kjo.myip.org/files/SliderJoint.h

I could really use some clarification.

An abstract base class is a class with at least one virtual method which is also denoted
as "=0". Like this:

class SomeClass
{
public:
virtual void somefunc()=0;
};

A .NET *managed* abstract class (which is off topic here), can be defined like this:

__gc __abstract class SomeClass
{

};