Looking for a C/C++ programmer in Houston

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Tom Grills, Feb 23, 2004.

  1. Tom Grills

    Tom Grills Guest

    Hi all -

    I have a short-term project which requires the skills of an experienced
    C/C++ developer... The project involves redesigning a DLL that uses polling
    to read data from both TCP/IP sockets and Serial Ports and places the data
    in a memory-mapped file for use by other applications. The goal is to
    rework the DLL to provide multi-threaded, event driven reading of the ports
    (both IP and Serial) and place the data into a shared space (this could be
    the old mapped file or a stream solution) in order to increase efficiency
    and stability.

    The project is expected to take about two weeks total. If there's
    anyone local to the west Houston area who has the socket and port expertise
    and is interested in a quick turnaround project, please send your info to my
    email address.

    Many Thanks,

    TG
    Tom Grills, Feb 23, 2004

  2. Tom Grills wrote:
    > Hi all -
    >
    > I have a short-term project which requires the skills of an experienced
    > C/C++ developer... The project involves redesigning a DLL that uses polling
    > to read data from both TCP/IP sockets and Serial Ports and places the data
    > in a memory-mapped file for use by other applications. The goal is to
    > rework the DLL to provide multi-threaded, event driven reading of the ports
    > (both IP and Serial) and place the data into a shared space (this could be
    > the old mapped file or a stream solution) in order to increase efficiency
    > and stability.
    >
    > The project is expected to take about two weeks total. If there's
    > anyone local to the west Houston area who has the socket and port expertise
    > and is interested in a quick turnaround project, please send your info to my
    > email address.

    Wrong news-group for job postings. Please don't post them here.

    BTW - look at CommonC++ for somthing like this. It's used in telephony
    applications.
    Gianni Mariani, Feb 23, 2004