    I'm writing c++ using eclipse/gcc/gdb on a Mac OSX.

    Does anyone know what I can use to find memory leaks and check bounds?

    -Celia

    CeliaC, Mar 1, 2007

  2. CeliaC

    mlimber Guest

    On Mar 1, 2:36 pm, CeliaC <> wrote:
    > I'm writing c++ using eclipse/gcc/gdb on a Mac OSX.
    >
    > Does anyone know what I can use to find memory leaks and check bounds?

    Your question is off-topic here since it is platform specific. You'll
    likely have better luck in a Mac programming group such as those
    listed here:

    In general, the best way to prevent memory (or any resource) leaks is
    to prevent them in the first place by always using RAII to manage your
    resources. std::vector, std::auto_ptr, std::tr1::shared_ptr, etc.
    enable this idiom. Of course, you may be too far along to retrofit
    your current project now, but you'll know for next time.

    Cheers! --M

    mlimber, Mar 1, 2007

  3. CeliaC

    Eric Johnson Guest