    If someone knows a good source that documents how to establish, send,
    and receive via serial port, please direct me there.

    Thanks in advance.

    Ky Nguyen, Jul 18, 2003

  2. "Ky Nguyen" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I would like to obtain a piece of codes (a full version or just an
    > example) dealing with asynchronous communication via COM: serial port.

    > dont mind whether it is window-based or console-based.
    >
    > If someone knows a good source that documents how to establish, send,
    > and receive via serial port, please direct me there.

    You are more likely to find such codes if you post your question to a
    newsgroup dedicated to the OS and/or development tool you are using.
    Standard C++ does not provide means to deal with COM ports, you will
    need platform specific functions for that. More appropriate newsgroups
    can be found here:
    http://home.wanadoo.nl/efx/c -faq/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9

    --
    Peter van Merkerk