Looking for a DB for object persistance...

Francois Meehan

Hi all,

I am looking for a small DB solution for object persistence (mostly
shelve object).

I need it to:

Works both in Linux and windoze
Server independent (no Mysql or the like)
Allow simultaneous access by multiple process for read/write operations.
Be able to hold lots of data (close to a gig)

I tough Berkeley DB with bsddb3 would be the ticket, but I could not
make sense of the installation instructions for win32, no mention of
python.

I am considering Zodb3, but did not find info for simultaneous access
capability.

Any suggestions???

Thanks in advance,

Francois Meehan

Mike C. Fletcher

Francois Meehan wrote:
I am considering Zodb3, but did not find info for simultaneous access
capability.

Check out the ZEO (Zope Enterprise Objects) system for ZODB. Not sure if
it will meet your needs, but it is designed for allowing multiple
simultaneous users of the DB.

HTH,
Mike

Mike C. Fletcher