Looking for a "generic" Command Column

jason

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to expand my understanding of the DataGrid control, and I'm
specifically curious about the Command columns. I have successfully
implemented an EditCommandColumn, but I was wondering, is it possible
to create my own kind of Command Column, with my own defined buttons
and behaviors?

Can I use a TemplateColumn as the basis for this? If you need more
information to answer this question, let me know and I'll try to
explain more fully.

Thanks for any help,

Jason

Guest

I'm trying to expand my understanding of the DataGrid control, and I'm
specifically curious about the Command columns. I have successfully
implemented an EditCommandColumn, but I was wondering, is it possible
to create my own kind of Command Column, with my own defined buttons
and behaviors?

Sure. Look at building a custom control that inherits from the DataGrid
control. Not saying it's easy, but you can do it.
Can I use a TemplateColumn as the basis for this? If you need more
information to answer this question, let me know and I'll try to
explain more fully.

Sure, add the new column with a button that you tie an event to...