Looking for a good book - but can't remember the name

Simon Cooke

Hi there;

A while back when I was in Albany, NY, I came across what looked like a
really great C++ book for the experienced programmer. Unfortunately, I
couldn't buy it and take it with me because I was already carrying too much
stuff to fly home with it.

Unfortunately, I've been looking online and in every bookstore I come
across ever since, and I still can't find a copy of it again. Do any of you
know which book this was? Here's what I remember:

(Note: the following information may be flawed; I spent about 15 minutes
looking at it, and this was a few months ago).

It contained things like caching strategies for lazy evaluation of data,
and secondary-storage handling (eg. caching to disk). It also contained a
discussion and implementation of fixed length and variable length record
storage on disk (eg. simple database implementation).

From what I remember, the back page was kind of quirky and had a sense of
humor to it... but the book was chock full of really useful in-depth
hardcore techy information.

Does anyone know which book this might be?

Thanks,
Simon

MerkX Zyban

Simon,

Perhaps it was Efficient C++ by Dov Bulka (et al). Addison Wesley ISBN
0201379503

-MerkX

Simon Cooke