    beginners book that also had advanced content too, but if that doesn't
    exist, then just an excellent beginners book would be fine too. Thanks
    in advance for any information you can give!
    WJRutledge, Apr 14, 2007

  2. WJRutledge

    Evertjan. Guest

    WJRutledge wrote on 14 apr 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:

    > Just like the subject says, I'm interested in taking up Javascript and
    > would like to know if anyone knows of any books that are a must have.
    > I know there are tons of books out there on every language, but I'm
    > sure some are much better than others. I'm mainly looking for a
    > beginners book that also had advanced content too, but if that doesn't
    > exist, then just an excellent beginners book would be fine too. Thanks
    > in advance for any information you can give!

    As in many NGs, the NG FAQ, or reading the acrchive, will help you:

    http://www.jibbering.com/faq/#FAQ3_1

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Apr 14, 2007

  3. WJRutledge

    RobG Guest

    On Apr 14, 4:21 pm, "WJRutledge" <> wrote:
    > Just like the subject says, I'm interested in taking up Javascript and
    > would like to know if anyone knows of any books that are a must have.
    > I know there are tons of books out there on every language, but I'm
    > sure some are much better than others. I'm mainly looking for a
    > beginners book that also had advanced content too, but if that doesn't
    > exist, then just an excellent beginners book would be fine too. Thanks
    > in advance for any information you can give!

    The group FAQ provides some hints:

    --
    Rob
    RobG, Apr 14, 2007
  4. WJRutledge

    dd Guest

    On Apr 14, 8:21 am, "WJRutledge" <> wrote:
    > Just like the subject says, I'm interested in taking up Javascript and
    > would like to know if anyone knows of any books that are a must have.
    > I know there are tons of books out there on every language, but I'm
    > sure some are much better than others. I'm mainly looking for a
    > beginners book that also had advanced content too, but if that doesn't
    > exist, then just an excellent beginners book would be fine too. Thanks
    > in advance for any information you can give!

    You never said whether you're already a programmer.
    If you are (but just haven't done any JS yet) then
    these free online videos from Douglas Crockford
    will help you transition from what you already know
    and find out how that works in JavaScript:

    http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/theater/

    In those videos he also recommends a book (only one)
    and that's the one with the Rhino on the white and
    green cover.

    Even if you haven't programmed any other language,
    you might get something from those videos, it's hard
    for me to tell.
    dd, Apr 14, 2007