Looking for a good open-source application or starter kit.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by cowznofsky, Sep 28, 2008.

  1. cowznofsky

    cowznofsky Guest

    My needs are relatively simple. I'm putting together a web site
    prototype that has some very minimal e-commerce type stuff. I've been
    away from asp.net for a little while.

    It's not a store, so I'm not looking for that specific functionality.
    It will include to facility to maintain a product list.

    I'm looking for a starter kit that will hande users in different
    roles, and allow them self-service to maintain their contact
    information and passwords.

    I'm looking at dashCommerce right now, but I'm having some issues and
    it hasn't won me over yet. I've previously used the CSK, which was ok
    for a while, but too complicated.

    I'm not looking for a lot of features or a long learning curve, just
    something solid that can look decent without a lot of work.

    cowznofsky, Sep 28, 2008

  2. Check out www.dotshoppingcart.com. I like it better than dashCommerce
    because it doesn't use SubSonic. I prefer the old stored procedure approach
    myself, which makes dotshoppingcart more attractive for my tastes. The open
    source version is on a link in the right-hand column of their home page.
    Really nice stuff!

    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick

    Mark Fitzpatrick, Sep 29, 2008

  3. cowznofsky

    cowznofsky Guest

    On Sep 28, 11:47 pm, "Mark Fitzpatrick" <> wrote:
    > Check outwww.dotshoppingcart.com. I like it better than dashCommerce
    > because it doesn't use SubSonic. I prefer the old stored procedure approach
    > myself, which makes dotshoppingcart more attractive for my tastes. The open
    > source version is on a link in the right-hand column of their home page.
    > Really nice stuff!
    >
    > Hope this helps,
    > Mark Fitzpatrick
    >
    > "cowznofsky" <> wrote in message

    > > My needs are relatively simple.  I'm putting together a web site
    > > prototype that has some very minimal e-commerce type stuff.  I've been
    > > away from asp.net for a little while.

    > > It's not a store, so I'm not looking for that specific functionality.
    > > It will include to facility to maintain a product list.

    > > I'm looking for a starter kit that will hande users in different
    > > roles, and allow them self-service to maintain their contact
    > > information and passwords.

    > > I'm looking at dashCommerce right now, but I'm having some issues and
    > > it hasn't won me over yet.  I've previously used the CSK, which was ok
    > > for a while, but too complicated.

    > > I'm not looking for a lot of features or a long learning curve, just
    > > something solid that can look decent without a lot of work.- Hide quoted text -

    Yes, I'm just trying it now. Very nice.

    cowznofsky, Oct 2, 2008