Looking for a gui class pops up to let user choose directory andfilename for input/output

Shawn

Hi,

When I output something to a file, I hope something pop up that let the
user to select the directory and input the file name. I don't know how
to do it. I can hard-code the file name in my program and use
PrintWriter class to do it, like:

PrintWriter outputStream = new PrintWriter(new FileOutputStream("out.txt"));

outputStream.println("hello world");
outputStream.println("how are you?);

Thank you very much for your help.

Michael Rauscher

Shawn said:
Hi,

When I output something to a file, I hope something pop up that let the
user to select the directory and input the file name. I don't know how
to do it. I can hard-code the file name in my program and use
PrintWriter class to do it, like:

Have a look at javax.swing.JFileChooser or if you're using pure AWT
java.awt.FileDialog.

Bye