Looking for a module/program author, or help with program...

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Kris Stark, Sep 8, 2005.

  1. Kris Stark

    Kris Stark Guest

    I've attempted to post earlier, but could not find the message... My
    apologies if this is a repeat, or if in a inappropriate group, but:

    On sourceforge, Andrés López (andres32a on sourceforge) posted a
    GPL'd script for speedreading called Speed Your Read (project name
    speedread). Unfortunately, although he lists the project as being GPL,
    and multi-platform, the only code that is available on SF is a perl2exe
    "compiled" script. Ie. this is a package that was compiled to a
    Windows exe using the IndigoStar perl2exe program. It has the script,
    installer, and an instance of MySQL all embedded in the installer, and
    the script alone as a perl2exe file.

    I'd love to make some changes to the script to try to improve on some
    issues, but cannot seem to be able to contact Andrés through any
    source. On the splash screen for the program he talks about
    http://www.openeducation.com, which is a domain up for sale without any
    other reference to the author. I have attempted to contact him via his
    SF address, but have not received any response.

    So, if anybody knows of any way to contact him, I would be grateful to
    find out more information about the script. That failing, does anybody
    know of a way to get the script back out of the compiled version, and
    would be willing to help out on this?

    Thanks in advance!

    Kris

    Kris Stark, Sep 8, 2005